Saturday, February 16, 2013

Blog Entry #3

For part of my hours I worked with some resource students. Most of them, but not all, were ESL students. The students were given private testing areas and had me verbally read the instructions on all their tests. Some of the things I helped test them on were spelling, math, and English. The teacher also tried several activities to help them learn English sounds. The teacher had me work individually with them on practicing letter sounds. One student particularly stood out to me because he kept getting really frustrated when he didn't know an answer. I tried to stay upbeat, smile at him, and encourage him a lot. At my regular job I work with special needs students as a classroom aid. My boss told us that we should give students positive reinforcement every five to ten minutes to let them know that they are doing well. I tried to implicate that idea while working at Cherry Creek Elementary because I feel like all students, no matter what their level, need to know when they are improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment